My Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Favorite Apps

I am a tried and true Apple user! And, of course, that means I'm always falling madly in love with apps that I can use to keep my life in order or just amuse me (because, of course, I'm an avid games player. Don't I just strike you as such?)



Honestly, Dropbox might be the best app/program I know of for my iPad and iPhone. I know a lot of people are huge Evernote fans, but seriously, Dropbox satisfies all of my needs. I love that I can type up notes on my computer, save them to Dropbox, and pull them up on my iPad or iPhone later. 

I can even save things from my iPad to Dropbox and pull them up on my laptop later. I love that.

My only complaint (and this is something that would be satisfied with Evernote, I understand) is that I can't edit my documents without opening them up in a different program. But since I use my iPad more as a study tool than for working on assignments, it works out fine for me. 


I feel like I'm very behind in what apps I use for various things, but Errands To-Do List is probably my favorite to-do list app. For me, it could not be more perfect. I can organize tasks into categories – work, school, home, etc. – and I can have tasks repeat if they need to be done weekly or monthly or even every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's handy. 

Also, it's only for iPad, which I love. I hate that Reminders syncs between all three of my devices. I know I can make it stop, but it's just too convenient to add a reminder on my laptop or my phone. It just annoys me later when I get beeped at from three different pieces of technology! 

Errands is simple. It doesn't alert you unless you want it to, and it lets you list things way into the future. I can be as obsessive as I want. Love.


This is an amazing app! I have only had it for a day, and I'm madly in love with it.

For people who don't like working on the same thing for three hours before moving on to the next task, this is the perfect app. You can schedule yourself time to work on something, and when that timer is up, it alerts you and tells you to move on to the next thing! (I've already mentioned it once here. I could go on forever about how much I love this app!)


I will not lie, I've been a slave to this app! My whole life, I've tried to calculate my own grades and I've stressed myself to death thinking I was going to fail – when really, I'm just terrible at math and understanding this grading system. 

All you do is put in your weighted categories from your syllabus for each class and then update your grades, and it tells you what grade you need to make to get your target score and what grade you should expect to see!


I love this darn thing!


Everyone is totally over the Angry Birds phase, but I'm not! Never! 

I absolutely love this game. It's such a stress relief, and I always seem to play it during long car or plane rides and waits for the bus at the bus stop in front of my dorm. Honestly, knocking those pigs out is way too satisfying to pass up. How can people be over this game!? 

----

Well, those have to be my favorite apps – and the ones I use most regularly!

Oh, and in case you were wondering... Other than Angry Birds, they're all free! What could be better?

Much love,

The Sticky Note Addict

3 comments:

  1. love this. FYI, the link on the 30/30 app where you previously discuss the app was broken. I figured it out and here is the correct link http://www.thestickynoteaddict.com/2012/09/top-10-tips-of-studying.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this!! I love the Grades app -- it helps so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know who makes the Grades app? i can't find it in the app store.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...