I know for a lot of college students, winter break could NOT have come soon enough. For me, that was especially true. All of my grades have come back and I'm discouraged and disappointed by the sad little letter grades that represent the past semester. I could've done a lot better. I can always do better, but this time... I could've done A LOT better.
Now, however, it's time for my winter break! And that means a lot of visiting, a lot of traveling and a lot of downtime. And in those moments when I'm in the car on the way to Pennsylvania, or sitting in my living room waiting on my mom to get ready, or standing outside with Gatsby or Daisy waiting for them to go potty (guess who takes the longest? It's not the freakin' puppy!)... I always pull out my phone!
Here's my favorite go-tos for when I have a few minutes of downtime!
Angry Birds // One of my all-time favorite apps/games that I have ever, ever, ever played. Whenever I have a minute, I love trying to beat a level or two! Well worth the money spent.
Pandora // If I'm in the car bored or sitting somewhere for a little while, I make time to listen to a Christmas song or two. Never hurts!
Candy Crush // Addicted. Nuff said.
Pinterest // I used to be a Pinterest fiend, but now I only venture that way whenever I have a couple of minutes to spare. I'll pin something here or there, every once in a while!
Nook // I've gotten so bad about this, but I hope that over this break, I can use my Nook app to read a couple of pages when I have the time! I'm sick of being so behind on reading!
Pocket // I love this app for saving articles and stories that I see on Twitter or other sites and don't have time to read just then. I save them, and I come back to them whenever I have time! Best time-user ever. Long form journalism, here we go!
Bloglovin' // I feel like the most effective method for clearing my Bloglovin' feed is just a couple of posts at a time. Most of the time when I read a post, it's done while pottying Gatsby or waiting in elevators. Sorry.
Solitaire // I break out Solitaire when I am REALLY bored (or I'm stuck on Angry Birds, or I have no lives on Candy Crush). It's definitely something I believe every person should know how to play. It's stimulating! Right...?
Timehop // Once a day, I get to read my Timehop update — a collection of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts over the past couple of years. It goes back five years, I think. Man, is it weird to see how annoying I was three or four years ago.
Rue La La // It never hurts to "window shop" while you have a couple of minutes, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment