... Happy places!
In this post, I'm going to talk a little bit about making a small place, specifically a dorm room, really feel at home. For most freshmen in college, we're around the two month point — this is about the time that we should really be settling in, while at the same time we're probably all missing home!
One of the most important things for me in my dorm room when I first moved in was making sure I felt like I was, in a way, at home. That meant designing it to my exact specifications and making sure I surrounded myself with homey, cute, decorative touches.
Everything I feature today is something you can add to your dorm room or bedroom to make it a little more personal and familiar.
This adorable little guy is great for a wall or a door, for leaving messages for your roommate or making little reminders to yourself. I prefer whiteboards, but chalkboards are coming back.
This little ceramic piggy bank is the perfect touch for a desk or bookshelf. Not only can you drop your extra change in here (you're in college, you better be saving your pennies!) but it's also a precious little pop of color to liven up white ceramic walls.
Never say no to adorable picture frames! Surround yourself with pictures of family, pets, new friends, and old friends — having pictures of my boyfriend and my parents on the walls definitely brightens my day when I look at them!
I love these graphic posters from Amanda Catherine Designs on Etsy! They are the perfect touch for a wall or a desktop — and the quotes are preppy, young, encouraging, and lively, all for only $15 a piece.
(This one matches my dorm room colors... I'm salivating.)
Much love,
Paige







No comments:
Post a Comment