My Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

7 Quick Takes

Linking up with Jen at the Conversion Diary for a nice, short, sweet episode of 7 Quick Takes! 

1. I learned this week that I am bad at and do not enjoy coping with change. 

I could go on about that and go into the details, but these are 7 Quick Takes and that would really defeat the purpose. I could have an entire blog dedicated to my coping mechanisms (or lack thereof). But I won't. Just know that if you're out there, suffering to handle a major change in your life, you're better at handling it than at least one person in the world, and that one person is me.

2. Finals are upon us.

I've spent more time trying to absorb information in the past few days than I have all semester — which is not something I'm totally proud of, of course — and with every chapter I read, the more I realize how bad of a procrastinator I am, even with my planner and perfectly planned exam studying schedule. 

3. Exam study schedules might sound like a good idea...

... but they are not easily executed. It sounds like a good idea, to schedule what I'm going to study on what days so I make sure to spread all of my studying out over the full time I have before my exam... but I'm also unpredictable with what I actually feel like studying, so I've stacked up like 10 days worth of studying for geology while I tried to re-teach myself everything I ever learned in my math class.

4. My parents are coming to visit tomorrow! 

I could not be more excited about that. I have missed them so much in the two weeks since Thanksgiving, and they don't visit UNC much because of how far away it is. But they'll be here to spend time with me all day and go to the basketball game in the evening. I could not be happier to see them!

5. I have found my favorite chair in Davis. 

I know I blogged a few weeks ago about my favorite spot being this little couch in a corner behind a pole... but someone else reigns over that couch every time I go to the library! So, I have found a new love, and it is cozy and has a little lap desk sort of thing that has enough room for my laptop and a notebook if I'm writing or anything. There's actually about 50 of them in the library but there's one I like the very most. I won't tell. 

6. The weather has been at its most bipolar this week.

It was 70 degrees at the beginning of the week. Girls in shorts, everywhere. Then, suddenly, it was 40 degrees and raining. And now it's probably 40 or 50 degrees and the sky looks like it's just plain confused. I don't understand anymore.

7. I bought a new cozy sweater at Forever 21.

It's one of those big, thick, cuddly ones with the cute stripes that remind you of Christmas sweaters and grandpa sweaters. It's probably my favorite thing in the world at this point. I just would like the weather to make up its mind so I can wear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...