Today, I want to confess something that I don't think I have been very open about on the blog. In fact, I've been very secretive about it. No pictures, no posts, no outfit inspiration. I haven't been open about it here in blogland, so I doubt anyone really knows this secret of mine.
Here goes.
holcomb // sims // mallory // winston
I've always been very insecure about wearing glasses. I'm the kind of girl who puts her contacts in as soon as she wakes up, wears them all day and doesn't put her glasses on unless her migraine might kill her or she's about to go to bed. That's me.
But I am a glasses wearer.
At the end of the day, as much as I hate to admit it, I wear glasses. And then I see a lot of posts where people talk about how they wish they wore glasses, and I feel kind of bad and ungrateful.
So I'm trying to think this glasses thing over again. I'm looking at Warby Parker's collection and wondering if maybe I'm a glasses kind of girl after all. Or maybe Warby Parker just makes everyone feel like they're a glasses kind of girl.
I'm impressed by your ability to handle contacts. I have tried over and over again, but I despise mine. I'd rather hunt a hundred times a day for my glasses than try and get those things in my eyes!
ReplyDeleteI have glasses as well, but people tell me that I don't look good in them so I rarely wear them. No need to be ashamed though! Glasses are just a necessary part of life.
ReplyDeleteI wear a combination of glasses and contacts. Glasses always means that I can wear less make-up- I have terrible bags and my thin frame glasses do the trick without needing to spend hundreds of dollars on concealer a year. I am obsessed with the new Warby Parker line though- his glasses make me feel like I could wear a thicker frame! He came to my magazine staff and gave us an interview- it was so cool! He has the girls in mind when designing!
ReplyDeleteKarina
midwesternista.blogspot.com
I was exactly the same! I wore my contacts religiously since the day I was old enough to wear them because I was so insecure about my glasses. Over the summer the price of my contacts skyrocketed so I was kind of forced to buy new glasses to start wearing. I now wear them almost everyday. I was so nervous, but finding the right pair that will help you feel confident makes the world of a difference! And your eyes will thank you for the break you'll be giving them. Best of luck to you!
ReplyDelete