GTHD
Roughly a year and a half ago, I came to this glorious campus with its Carolina blue skies and perfectly awful brick sidewalks and just-old-enough-to-be-picturesque-but-also-terribly-annoying buildings as a freshman.
I came as a bitter student who didn't get accepted to Duke, a lonely girl who didn't know who her friends would be, and a confused academic wondering what in the world she was going to do at such a huge university. I wasn't proud of where I was, I just wanted something better.
I was such a little fish in such a big, big ocean.
Today, I'm here to tell you that I'm still a little lonely, still a little bitter and still a little confused. And still a little fish.
But I'll tell you one thing.
I am PROUD to be a student at the University of North Carolina. I am PROUD to be a resident of Chapel Hill. I am PROUD to walk on those awful brick sidewalks and study in those huge buildings that get terrible cell phone reception.
Our university has its downfalls. Its scandals. Its shortcomings. UNC has faltered a lot since I came here in the fall of 2012. But it still shines. (Like a diamond?) And a year and a half later, I know I can tell everyone one thing for sure.
I AM PROUD to be a Tar Heel.
More today than ever, but more tomorrow than today.
And for my fellow Tar Heels — enjoy it, and show it off. Today is our day to show them who's boss.
iphone 5
BEAT DUKE.
No comments:
Post a Comment