My Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lindsey's Digital Sticky Notes (guest post)

Hey y'all! Today, I'm moving into my apartment... AHHHHH. So sweet Lindsey is here to cover for me while I drop boxes on my toe and cuss Bradley out for not actually doing anything wrong but breathing my air. Because moving really stresses me out. You guys understand, right?

-----

Hi Everyone,

I’m Lindsey from lmartthoughts.com. Paige was looking for some guest bloggers and I am absolutely in love with her blog so I volunteered! But first, here’s a little about me. I’m from Virginia and I’m a sister of Alpha Delta Pi. I love my sorority so much and find much of my blogging inspiration from my sisters! I’m a junior at a college near Virginia Beach; however, I’ve never been to the beach since I’ve started college. I started blogging after my AP Environmental Science teacher told me that I needed an outlet for my (strong) opinions hence lmartthoughts was born!


When I agreed to guest post for Paige, I had not idea what to write about....then it hit me. Sticky Notes! I mean, what could possibly be better for the stickynoteaddict?

I did a little research and found out the history of Post-It notes:

According to ideafinder.com they weren’t planned (now, I’m sure they are very happy with this mistake!). Spencer Silver worked for 3M in the research lab in 1970. His job was to find a strong adhesive. Silver developed an adhesive that was actually weaker than what they were already using, it would stick to objects but would come off of them as well. Four years laters, Arthur Fry, another 3M scientist, needed to mark his place in his hymnal. He was already using a type of marker; however, it wasn’t working. Fry took some of Silver’s adhesive and applied it to the markers. And post-it notes were born in 1980!

We all know what the classic sticky note looks like:


However, virtual sticky notes are definitely in!

Apple computers comes with the app “Stickies” on it. Windows computers now come with a similar application as well.


There are tons of apps available for the iPad and iPhone as well, most of them for free. I’m a total sucker for a free app because it means that if I end up not liking it, I didn’t lose anything.

I love making lists of any sort- whether it be my http://www.lmartthoughts.com/p/ wishlist.html, my http://www.lmartthoughts.com/p/101-in-1001.html, or http:// www.lmartthoughts.com/p/lindseys-loves.html.


My roommate constantly has running lists on her computer through her virtual sticky notes. However, I prefer to cross things off instead of just deleting them. Therefore, I’m a sucker for cute notepads. My mom sells stationary so I have several pads of personalized ones, I won an Alpha Delta Pi notepad at our District Leadership Convention (which I’m still shocked I won something), and I have lists in my agenda as well. This year, I bought the larger sticky notes to add to my Tusk in the Sun Lilly Pulitzer agenda.


I can’t wait to give my roommates their Lilly agendas so they can start using them!
I actually hate using sticky notes in books unless it’s to mark my spot. I don’t find it useful to have random notes throughout a book. However, in an agenda I think they’re perfect. I also leave pads of paper on my desk so I can jot down quick notes on things to do, what to buy, etc.


How do you use your sticky notes? 

----- 

Meet my sweet, sweet, sweet sponsor, Samantha! She's a fellow Tar Heel and such a doll! Follow her adventures in Rome and Chapel Hill and fall in love with her blog like I have.

Want to see your face here? Check my advertisement page!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...