My Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

20 before 20


My 20th birthday is in 66 days — which is WILD. In just 66 days, I'll officially be considered a 20-something — something I have honestly just been dreaming of. (I promise, I will not add "twenty-something" to my blog about me page. I really promise. You can hold this statement against me later if I do.)

And I've been pondering having a 20 before 20 list for myself. I really wasn't sure if I could set 20 goals I can possibly accomplish before I turn 20 — after all, that's ONLY 66 days. But now I really do want to do it. And I want y'all to join me. All y'all twenty-somethings. Make a list. Make a list of goals you want to accomplish before your next big day. I'll even make a linkup if that's something y'all will be interested in.

Because to me, 20 before 20 is more than just a 101 in 1001, or monthly list of goals, or a 5 for five list. It's a list of 20 goals I think are important enough that I want to celebrate having completed them all on my 20th birthday. So here it goes.

1. Read 5 books on my must-read list. (This never used to be hard.)
2. Lower my debt (to myself) to $4,500 or lower. (I know I can do it!)
3. Start an emergency savings fund. (Just in case I need a new corgi.)
4. Reach 100 GFC or Bloglovin' followers. (I know you're in there, readers!)
5. Finish decorating my bedroom. (The blank walls kill me...)
6. Go to Linda's with my Daily Tar Heel staff. (It's a tradition I'm missing!)
7. Leave a 100% tip. (It was done to me Saturday, and now I must pay it forward!)
8. Pay for the next person in line's Starbucks. (Paying it forward!)
9. Take a trip alone. (Even if it's just to home.)
10. Get brunch somewhere new. (Goodness, I love brunch.)
11. Invest in a few new button-ups. (I need a professional closet.)
12. Open up an emergency-only credit card. (Since I'm about to be an adult and all.)
13. Have a no-spend week. (Working my way up to a month!)
14. Start hosting ads again. (I miss my blog.)
15. Take Gatsby to training classes. (He needs it.)
16. Purge Gatsby's toys. (They need it.)
17. Go to a concert. (Florida Georgia Line at the state fair?)
18. Finalize the plan for my 21st birthday. (Cruise or Disney world?)
19. Go to the state fair. (October, baby!)
20. Start taking vitamins regularly. (I would love to be healthy. Ish.)

2 comments:

  1. I just put together my 20 before 20 list a few weeks ago, but I have more like 10 months. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Seems like a good balance between ambitious and basic. I'm well enough past the 20 mark, but I've got my own 25 by 25 list that I've become obsessed with completing.
    http://gradstudentneedshobby.blogspot.com/p/25-by-25.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...