My Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

caffeine

a conversation with my editor today... paraphrased because my memory stinks.

J: I have the worst headache ever. I'm trying to wean myself off of caffeine, and I don't know why I'm doing that. 

And now I'm sitting here wondering why I'm weaning myself off of caffeine.

I love coffee. I love Starbucks. I love Mountain Dew. I la la la LOOOVE sweet tea.

So why am I trying to convince myself that caffeine is bad, and I should stay away from it?


I like coffee, people.

I like stopping at Caribou or Starbucks on my walk back to my apartment and grabbing a latte or something else yummy. I like the smell of coffee beans, I love the little extra jolt coffee gives me, I love my Keurig.

So there is that.

I am NOT going to stop drinking coffee. Or sweet tea, or Mountain Dew, or anything else that I love. I'm just not.

So that means one of my 101 in 1001 goals won't get accomplished. And that means I'm not going to try to force myself to limit my caffeine intake to only weekends or only 3 times a week.

Nope.

Not anymore, my friends. If I want coffee, I will drink it. 

And there is that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I need caffeine to help me thru my day, I enjoy an iced coffee from time to time! I just try not to eat sweets throughout the day cause I'm getting it thru my coffee creamer, it's all about balance!

    www.bugsandbeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. PREACH! I'm sorry, I would rather have caffeine and be present and pleasant than have water and just have nothing to show for it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...