My Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

5 for Five: Volume 24


Hey y'all! I'm linking up with sweet Jenn over at Party of One this week for another edition of 5 for Five. If you're new to the party, you set some goals for the week (most of us stick with 5, but you can do more or less!) and every Monday, we recap on the past week's goals! I super duper duper love Jenn and this is one of the first linkups I ever participated in, and it definitely helps you get your week started off right. If you need a little encouragement to get things going every week, this might be the best linkup for you!

1. Finish all of my reading in advance. 
2. Blog every day.
3. Start reading a book.
4. Go to the bank.
5. Get photos printed.

Life is hard when you're in college, y'all. Really, really, really hard. I have got to get my butt in gear sometime soon. No better day than today!

1. Start reading a book. 
PLEASE I'm just hoping my schedule will allow for FIVE minutes to start a book. Just FIVE minutes. Please, schedule, PLEASE. Can anyone suggest any easy reads to me?

2. Get photos printed.
My bedroom needs something hanging over my bed. And that something is a picture of my family. I need some small pictures and at least one big one so I can make a sort of collage of photos over my bed. Need. To. Get. This. Done!

3. Start a binder of readings for POLI 276.
I have printed readings for every POLI 276 class — the bane of my existence — and the professor basically requires that they be printed out and ready to discuss for every class meeting. Which is frustrating and annoying because I always, always, always lose them. 

4. Start and finish a DTH story.
I have a great story picked out that I can't wait to get started working on. It's an enterprise-y story about the population gap in Chapel Hill, and I think it could be a GREAT piece for me.

5. Go to the bank.
I actually decided to save my tips for me this week (I've decided to do this one weekend per month) and deposit my paycheck into my college savings instead. We get paid weekly at Captain Stanley's, and I plan to deposit my paycheck — which is not terribly big, thanks to waitress wages — into my personal savings or my checking every week, depending on if I need it or not. Then the majority of my tips will go into my college savings except for one weekend a month! I think it's a good plan!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with me, Paige! I love the goals you have for the week ahead- I need to do #1 as well! I have several books I want to get started on! Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...