5 for Five: Volume 41
Hey y'all! I'm linking up with Jenn at Party of One again this week (she's back, she's back!!!) for another round of 5 for Five! If you've been following me for a while, you probably get the gist of 5 for Five.
If you're new around here, let me explain. 5 for Five is an awesome linkup hosted by Jenn. Every Monday morning we set five goals for ourselves and look back at the goals we accomplished last week, and link up on Jenn's blog. It's a great way to encourage other bloggers to meet their goals, and I always find it a really helpful way to hold myself accountable!
Let's look at last week.
1. Put all assignments/readings into my syllabus.
This is my favorite part of the new semester! I wrapped it up on Thursday night.
2. Unpack all of my things and settle in.
This took a while (gosh, SO MUCH STUFF!) but my new comforter is on my bed, everything is in its rightful place, and I'm glad.
3. Pay for my LFIT class.
I actually did this in advance of going to LFIT! Ready to start this new year off right.
4. No going out to eat.
I got lunch at Alpine Bagel one day this week, but I'm considering it a well-deserved reward!
5. Go grocery shopping for the month.
One of my favorite things! Grocery shopping isn't a chore for me, but I do forget to do it sometimes.
Now, let's set some goals for the week ahead!
1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water every day.
2. Clean out my Google Drive, email folders, photos, and computer files.
3. No going out to eat for dinner during the week.
4. Deposit some money in my personal savings.
5. Alter my Mint.com budget.
So, I really wanted to let all of you in on a big update in MY life.
As everyone knows, I've been an assistant city editor for The Daily Tar Heel for the past few months. I was hired by my amazing desk editor, Jenny, in May and spent the summer and the past semester working closely with Jenny, Holly, and Mickey — three of the best, smartest, most talented journalists I've ever met.
But I took a little bit of a jump and applied for an open position on the DTH management team. Online Managing Editor.
And I got it.
So, here's to that.
Thanks for linking up with me, Paige! I love that I can count on you ;) CONGRATULATIONS on so many levels! Completing ALL your goals and your NEW job! I'm SO SO SO excited for your lady! You can make your 5 for Five happen again this week- I know you can!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Paige!! That is so exciting!!!
ReplyDelete