My Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Styling Hunter Boots

As all of y'all know, I got Hunter boots for my 20th birthday from my beloved Mr. B. I got the tall glossy style in pillar box red, and even though they're the world's brightest shade of red, they are perfectly versatile and just perfectly perfect. I've honestly worn them so many different ways and to so many different events and functions.

For example: I've worn my Hunters to my goddaughter's christening, Christmas dinner with my family and Bradley's, and on all of our car rides over December. (I take them off after a while, but they're the best for getting out at gas stations when there's slush and mud all over.) I wear them with running shorts when it's raining and Gatsby needs to potty, and I wear them to class at least once a week. 

Also, let's talk about the time I really, desperately wanted a Frosty (I am so sorry you deal with me so frequently, B) and Bradley, Gatsby and I embarked on a short journey to Wendy's to satisfy me. I debuted this style: zebra-print flannel pajama pants, tucked into my flaming red Hunter boots, topped off with a too-big-for-me Nike sweatshirt I found on Bradley's dresser. Fashionista. Why am I not a style blogger?

Really though. These are my shoes. I was meant to wear Hunter boots. My next pair will be these in navy/green or these in navy.


When it's actually freezing outside, I've found that my Hunter boots are my GO TO shoe of choice. Silly? Not to me! I have wonderful fleece Hunter wellie socks that my dad got me for Christmas, and I tuck them right into my boots, pull on some thick leggings and a sweater, and I'm good to go! 

I like my Hunter boots best when it's cold because they're the perfect bright pop of color on a dreary day, and when everyone else is sporting those easily-damaged Uggs, I'm prepared for sleet, ice, snow, rain and whatever else comes my way!


Duh — Hunter boots are the quintessential footwear for rainy weather. Jeans, rain jacket, Hunter boots. It's simple math, everyone.

Here's why, though.

one // They don't slip and slide in puddles and mud. Seriously. I'm clumsy as crap, but I haven't fallen in a mud puddle yet in my Hunters. Gatsby did almost successfully pull me down a very muddy incline one day when we were going on an adventure in Bradley's backyard, but I attribute that more to the force of my 25 pound pup yanking me like there's no tomorrow than to the world's most heavenly boots.

two // They don't have seams on the bottom that most cheaper rainboots have. So there's no chance that they'll rip, tear, whatever those cheap Target rainboots (which I love, don't get me wrong) do to let in enough water to flood a small bathroom and freeze your toes for the rest of the day.

three // They keep your feet warm. I always used to be the idiot that thought it would be just fine to wear her Nikes to class on a day where it was raining cats and corgis. OKAY, Paige, seriously. Were you really raised in a cabbage patch? My feet always FROZE on these days, and since I got my Hunter boots, I've been praising God for my warm tootsies.


Confession: I have already once worn my Hunter boots OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE while wearing shorts. And I will do it again. And again. And again. And again. 

The first time, admittedly, I was wearing running shorts, one of Bradley's baggy, wrinkly Salt Life t-shirts (which I'm wearing right now... fashion.) and Gatsby desperately needed to go potty. It was raining, I was hardly awake, my hair looked like crap on toast, but I slid my toes into my Hunter boots, took the corgarita outside, and was completely proud of my choice.

And I'll do it again. And again. And again!

I googled "Hunter boots with shorts" just to double-check that this can actually be a thing and... guess what? It is. Denim shorts, or J. Crew chino shorts, or cut-offs... with flannels and ginghams and simple t-shirts and fabulous statement necklaces and monogrammed ballcaps... It's a thing. I'm declaring it a thing, officially. You heard it here first. 

Shop my outfits here:



What are some of your favorite ways to style Hunter boots? Anything I haven't seen yet? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I don't really think that Hunter boots and shorts is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I wear my irrigation boot {which are basically the same thing} with shorts all the time and get made fun of by EVERYONE too. I think that they should stay with pants unless your willing to be made fun of like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you styled it with shorts!!! Supper cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...