Linking up with Jenn and Jessica again this week! I have a weird feeling that no one wants to see how terribly I did on my goals from last week... but let's go look anyway.
1. Finish my 101 in 1001 list — no-go. It officially started on the 1st, though, so I'm trying to accomplish the goals that I have made so far. If I do as well as I do on 5 for Five, it'll take me about 100,001 days to finish.
2. Finish reading Rules of Civility. Finally — no-go.
3. Cook dinner three times — 2/3. Sigh.
4. Line up my renter's insurance — I emailed my apartment complex about my address, which I need in order to get renter's insurance. Soooo I'm going to say that this was a check, because they haven't gotten back to me yet!
5. Line up backup parking if I don't get a spot at Warehouse — no-go.
One out of five! Could we pretend that last week didn't even happen? I could make excuses, I really, really, really could. But honestly, I'm just lazy and unmotivated half the time. Even when I have two whole days off in a row, all I want to do is nap. I didn't even get any beach time in this week!
I'm going to try to do better this week, I really, really am.
1. Call the Town about renting a parking spot for two semesters.
I need parking if I don't get a spot from my apartment complex, because I'll have my job and I'll eventually want to go home. And also because I'm not leaving my brand new car at home.
2. Read for 30 minutes every day.
If I'm not going to finish a book (even when I know I could do it) the least I can do is dedicate 30 minutes of my day, every single day, to reading. I love to read, but I spend so much time playing with Gatsby, spending time with Bradley, and reading/writing blog posts, that one of my favorite hobbies really does fall by the wayside. Craziness.
3. Go to the beach.
It's been almost a month since Bradley and I have been to the beach. The weather has been poor to fair for most of that month, but there are some days when we are just too "busy" to make it there. Seeing as the beach is our favorite place to be, we shouldn't have any excuse for skipping it over.
4. Line up renter's insurance.
I have to have proof of renter's insurance before I move in to my apartment in August, and I know how slow my insurance broker can be. I need to get that started (and paid) as soon as possible.
5. Line up guest posts for August 9th to August 17th.
That week (Friday to Friday) is going to be the craziest one of my young life, I can tell. The 9th and 10th are editor's retreat days for the DTH (YAYYYYY) and the 17th is when I will probably start moving in to my apartment. So I need guest posts for all or some of those days, to make my life a little tiny bit easier. If anyone would LIKE to guest post for me, please send me an email or comment on this post — I'll start plugging for guest posts more directly soon.




Sometimes it's just one of those weeks! How many more things do you need to add to your 101 list?
ReplyDelete(one of Tara's tasks was to COMPLETE the 101 list, so she checked that off this weekend!)