My Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Pinterest Purging: Pupsicles


If you're surprised that I managed to write TWO Pinterest Purging posts in the same week... you are not alone.

Is it any secret that I absolutely love Gatsby? He is my weakness in all things, including Pinterest activities, and I would do anything for that little pup.

One of his favorite things is a good ole popsicle. He loves sharing my Bomb Pops with me, and he prefers the blue raspberry section best, I can have the rest as far as he's concerned. He really just loves all things cold, but popsicles will get him super, super excited. He loses his shit the minute he hears the freezer open! 

So I decided to make him his own.


I picked up THESE cutie patooties from Ikea for only $2.99. They had them in pink and yellow or navy and green — both are color combinations I'm a total sucker for, but I grabbed the pink. It reminds me of lemonade! 

Then I thought back to a few different pins I saw about making your own Frosty Paws for your pups. But those recipes usually went something like this for their first ingredient:

non-fat vanilla yogurt

WHAT?

Puppy lovers be trippin'.

Dairy products are VERY BAD for dogs, and the smaller the dog, the more likely dairy is to upset their stomach and give them tummy problems for a couple of days. That means no Frosty Paws from the store, no ice cream, and no homemade Frosty Paws recipes. I'm not giving my pup a sore tum-tum!


So I knocked out the yogurt (and the honey, because if peanut butter is involved, Gatsby doesn't need anything else).

I remember another pin that said you could make ice cream with just bananas.

So that's what I used. Two bananas and some peanut butter. (The My Essentials brand, of course. If you have a Food Lion near by, try out some of the DME brands. I can assure you, you'll be pleased on most of the products.)


I mashed them all up together until they looked absolutely disgusting.


Added more peanut butter to taste.

(And, obviously, these are fine for YOU to taste — so if it tastes good and peanut buttery to you, your dog will be just as pleased!)


I filled up these cute little popsicle makers.


And into the freezer they went! Right next to a box of Gatsby's tried and true favorites.

----- 

Meet my sweet, sweet, sweet sponsor, Samantha! She's a fellow Tar Heel and such a doll! Follow her adventures in Rome and Chapel Hill and fall in love with her blog like I have.

Want to see your face here? Check my advertisement page!

1 comment:

  1. One time my genius mom was like let's give the dog our left over ice cream and then the dog puked all over the back of the car.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...