Linking up with Hallie at Moxie Wife while Jen is in the hospital (prayers, everyone!) for another dramatic episode of 7 Quick Takes.
1. I started back to work at my hometown Food Lion this week.
This may shock everyone, but I absolutely love my job as a cashier/customer service sales assistant at this touristy grocery store. The people I work with are like family — love my Rachel, Liz, Canyon, Robbie, and Lori! — and I honestly could not be happier to have met these wonderful people. Some of my customers are also the best people in the entire world — and some are the absolute worst — and coming back to see all of them and tell them how I've been doing has made me so cheerful.
2. A month has passed since I thought my whole life had crashed and burned.
And I just want to let everyone know that my life didn't crash and burn. It felt like my life was ending, but I didn't realize just how much was going to begin. I've never felt so optimistic for what is to come, and I honestly love where my life is heading. I know God has a plan for me, no matter what that might be, and so far I'm liking where it's taking me.
3. A lot of things changed when the clock struck midnight on New Year's.
I'm not going to disclose anything yet, because I have this impeccable ability to jinx anything and everything good that happens to me. But things are changing a lot, in more ways than just one, and I think the New Year has a lot to do with it. New year, new perspective? I'm not sure yet.
4. I've started using my new 2013 planner!
I fell in love with this cutie at Target when I was shopping before Christmas, and I replaced my squirrel planner with its smaller cousin. It's another Greenroom planner, but the colors on the inside are totally festive for the new year and I love the blue and gold stripes! It's smaller than my old planner, but I think that's probably best for me this year. There was a lot of unused space in my squirrel planner — which I hate — and I used it as an excuse to squirrel away a whole bunch of papers and other crap I didn't need to haul around.
5. I feel like everyone should know that my absolute FAVORITE blogger in the history of bloggers, Grace at Camp Patton, just had her third child, Theodore!
I'm so, so, so excited to hear all of the hilarious stories about all three of her needlets, and I feel like this deserved an entire take because of just how excited I am.
6. Also, I want to wish my roommate Pankti a very, very, very happy 19th birthday!
She's ancient, guys. Seriously.
7. I downloaded a whole bunch of new music the past few days — thank goodness for Christmas presents in the form of iTunes cards — and I am in love with Phillip Phillips' new album.
The boy is clearly unfortunate in the name department — who did that to him? That was cruel — but he is so talented and so musical. He reminds me a lot of Mumford & Sons, to say the very least, but I honestly love his music even more than Mumford. I've listened to Gone, Gone, Gone about forty times. Click it. Listen to it. Love it.
Bonus take — 8. I got my eyebrows done this morning.
I will forever look either surprised or skeptical until they grow back in how they're supposed to be. My never-ending gratitude to my eyebrow lady.




No comments:
Post a Comment