Joining Jen at Conversion Diary for another episode of 7 Quick Takes!
1. Syllabus-ing is a word.
syllabusing: (verb) the act of transferring all of your assignments from your syllabus to your planner/calendar/etc.
I started class on Wednesday! This week is what everyone called "syllabus week", so I needless to say spent some quality time cuddled up next to my syllabi and my planner, making sure I transferred everything into my own personal bible. I don't know what it is about my mood so far this semester but I have been so productive, between the syllabusing (which I've decided is a word) and everything else. I have honestly sat down at my desk and gotten so much work done every time. I procrastinate a lot usually, but I did my homework the night it was assigned and finished my reading before class. I'm shocked.
2. I got a Logitech keyboard for my iPad!
Seriously the smartest purchase I've ever made! I love being able to type away like crazy on my iPad just like I normally would on a Mac. It's totally convenient, and it clips to my ipad to make a nice little covering case for it.
3. Christina is coming to visit this weekend!
In case it hasn't come up before, Christina is my very best friend and she's a freshman at UNCW. She hasn't come to Carolina yet to visit, and I'm so happy /grateful /excited / everything that she'll be here, even for a little while.
4. Being back to school means being back on the Daily Tar Heel grind.
So happy to get back to work doing what I love most.
5. I'm settling in at Carolina again.
I don't know about any other freshman, but I already feel like this semester is easier. I'm going to be stressed out, I know — I'm taking 16 credit hours and three of those is Introduction to Economics — but I know I can handle it this time. I learned from my mistakes last semester and I'm ready to succeed and do what I need to do this semester.
6. An entire take is necessary to point out JUST how grateful I am to have Bradley, Christina, and Katie in my life the way that they are.
Seriously, they have made all the difference in my change of mood this semester and this year. So so so blessed.
7. I've actually been getting up at 8 every morning.
I remember it being my goal that I would start waking up earlier before classes, but I didn't think I could actually do it. I am proud to announce that I've been awake by 8 every day since classes started (that's three days) and I will hopefully keep the pattern up! It helps a little that Katie and Pankti also have class at the same time as me. I probably wouldn't have gotten up if I hadn't heard Katie in the shower today. Everything about this semester has been going pretty well for me so far!
-----
Much love,
Paige





No comments:
Post a Comment