My Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How-to: Labeling

Today, I'll be addressing something very near and dear to my heart.

And that is labeling. 


I feel that if more people utilized labels, there'd be less problems.  


My advice? Invest in a label maker

(I have the PT70. Love it. It's small enough to fit in my purse! I've done it.)

Or at least in some nice labels and pens that won't smudge.

Honestly, I've used my label maker so much since I got it for Christmas. It's such a handy tool. I labeled all of my notebooks and folders for school, and I labeled my containers at home that I packed up full of clothes I need to take to Plato's Closet. 

I think, in order to be truly organized, you have to utilize labels. Even if you don't want a real label maker. You need some sticky labels or chalkboard labels or god only knows what you want to use labels — they're necessary. You can label something with the date, its contents, its purpose, its owner's name, etc. Really, it's necessary. 

And the more likely you are to forget some information, the more necessary labels become. 

Things to Label:

- Notebooks, binders, and folders — anything for school

- Anything that might get mistaken for someone else's

- Anything you need to remember when you bought it, installed it, changed it, etc. (i.e. food in the refrigerator or water filters)

- Containers that hold different things and aren't translucent

- Leftovers

- Children's personal belongings

-----

Happy labeling!

Much love,

Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...