My Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

To Be Read: Volume 1

I don't blog much about books, but it shouldn't surprise anyone that I really, really, really, really love reading. I mean, really. 

Sadly, because of college and my pitiful excuse for a social life and that necessary need for sleep, I don't get to read nearly as much as I want to. In fact, I've been reading the same Celia Rivenbark collection since I came back to school after winter break. Almost a full month, people. 

Normally, I can tear through books one a day, if I dedicate enough time to them. My parents used to take me to Barnes & Noble and buy me a whole stack of books, and I usually had at least one knocked out before we got home. 

Oh, to be young and have free time. 

It's one of my goals for February (you'll see them pop up a little later this week) to read at least two books a month outside of school. I hate that I have to give myself such a pathetic little goal to meet, but I know I need to start small or I'll never get anywhere. 

Books to Be Read: 




I'm really dying to read this book by Tina Fey. It's apparently very funny — and when is Tina Fey not funny, everyone? — and I love biographies and memoirs almost as much as I love young adult fiction. Almost



After falling madly in love with Sam Seaborn on The West Wing and then again with Chris Traeger on Parks & Recreation... yeah, I kind of love Rob Lowe. I would more than likely watch or read anything with his name on it.



I haven't heard much about this book in the way of reviews, but something about the title and the art really drew me in. I love the picture on the front and I just love how this book looks. I can't wait to dig into it. 



 Everything about this novel, from the cover to the setting to the plot to the time period, screams that I need to read it. It's also featured on Barnes & Noble as a perfect book to read to get in the Valentine's Day spirit. Love. 

-----

So, my goal for February is to read at least two novels from this list and maybe more if I can handle it. I'm dying to read Rob Lowe's autobiography though, so this might be easier than I thought. 

Wish me luck! What books are you hoping to read?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...