Joining up with Jen at the Conversion Diary for another episode of 7 Quick Takes today!
1. Has everyone noticed my cute new background and color scheme?!?! I have decided to go a little cleaner and less cutesie, at least for the time being, and that called for clean cut chevron and a crisp apple green scheme, not to mention font changes and all of that good stuff. I had a lot of fun today.
2. I'm entirely sure I'm a superhero now. (Which Bradley was more than happy to agree with, because his ever-so-humble self has concluded that he is Superman and now I can be Superwoman. Sometimes I really don't have words.) But yeah. I've done so much in the past few days that I am amazed I haven't fallen over yet — but I'm still alive. And I've only taken one nap.
3. My week is almost over, and to celebrate, I bought my first grande white mocha of the year. I haven't ventured down to Starbucks much since I got back to school — the weather is either too warm for coffee or too cold for going outdoors! — and it was conveniently on my way home from the office tonight. Not to mention I have plenty of gift cards from Christmas. I couldn't resist.
4. I'm in a gym class (it's required) and it's kind of kicking my butt. Seriously, I don't exercise — at all. My gym class is aerobics, which shouldn't kill me the way it has been, but oh my god. My instructor must have it out for me. My legs have been sore all week. I can't even climb stairs without dying a little bit inside. I'm no athlete.
5. I'm going through the enjoyable process of finding housing for next year. Could it be a little bit more annoying? I mean, really. Why is it so hard to find an apartment that isn't going to completely break my wallet? And isn't dangerous and scary? And isn't so small a goldfish couldn't live there comfortably? We're not in New York City, damn it.
6. It's supposed to snow today. Words cannot explain just how thrilled I am. Honestly, I love snow — I really, really, really do. I love snowmen and sledding and snowball fights and gloves and scarves and coats. But I hate walking around in the cold and the snow trying to get anywhere. Snow and ice make slippery surfaces, and the cold makes my lips chapped and my nose turns red. I really do love snow, but if I have to be outside when it's happening, I'm not going to be happy.
7. I'm really craving some new shirts. And my tendency to wander over to Forever 21 whenever I need a distraction is not helping. Oh, I need to work again.





No comments:
Post a Comment