My Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

the next big project


I guess I'm wondering, today, what my next big project is going to be. Have I ever taken on a truly big project? Not necessarily.

But I'm watching all of these bloggers work on big, important things, and I'm watching The College Prepster start to reveal something huge she's been working on, and I'm wondering. I'm wondering what my big, important thing could be.

Whether I'm going to be the kind of girl who makes a second career out of her blog, or the kind of girl who leaves her blog behind her at some point, I'd like to know what I'm doing. If I'm going to do anything. If there's anything for me to do.

Am I going to write a book, like I've always wanted to? Or start my own business, like I would really love to do? Or turn my blog into something more, like I think it's screaming out for me to do? I really don't know. I wish I did.

Because those things are in my head. It's there. I would love to start my own business. To be constantly busy and to be awake at all hours of the night and to feel like there's no way I can get everything done in the time that I have allotted. Because I love that. I love that so much more than knowing I can get everything done I need to get done and still get done at a decent hour, in the time that I have open. 

I want to take on something. Something other than trying to get an oil change and a car wash and finish my reading and everything else that I'm doing. Or trying to do. 

I feel like I'm losing direction here. Like I don't have something driving me to get things done and to be productive. Because I'm not being productive. I'm not being driven. I'm not getting things done. Even things I love to do, like blogging and work for the paper, I'm just not getting it done. I'm doing just enough to get by. 

And as I heard ever so necessarily from a lady at work the other day... who wants to do just enough to get by?

So I guess I'm hoping that someone is going to call out to me right about now and say "Hey, Paige, I have a project for you! I have an idea for you! Let's do this together!" or something. anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...