Linking up with Jen for 7 Quick Takes — BIRTHDAY EDITION.
1. Today is my 19th birthday. To show how big of a change that is... well, feast your eyes.
I was the cutest damn baby, if I do say so myself.
2. I went Black Friday shopping for the first time. It doesn't count as legitimate Black Friday shopping, because I didn't trample or get trampled by anyone, I didn't bust down a door, and I didn't get too terribly antsy about anything. But I did knock out a majority of my Christmas presents and only spent about $50 on them (and bought a nice sweater for myself) so I call it a success.
3. The sweetheart amazes me with his dedication to researching something into oblivion every time he wants something — and his ability to find exactly what he's looking for.
This time around, it was a soundbar. Don't understand? Me either. It's basically a long skinny speaker that most people put under a flat screen TV on the wall or something like that.
We looked all through Best Buy for the right one — which would be the cheaper one, a Phillips soundbar ringing up at $89.99 — and didn't succeed. Shocker. Although Best Buy was a nice environment, because they only allowed so many people in the store at once. We actually ended up finding the PERFECT one in Target — and at the same price as the one in Best Buy, but with an added subwoofer! Oh, goodie.
4. There is a cute little pile of presents on the dining room table, and this chick hasn't even peeked. I'm dying to, but my mom isn't home — WHAT IS THIS — and I have to wait for her. Oh well. I'll keep myself satisfied with Jonathon's present until then.
5. We have enough Thanksgiving leftovers to keep me fed in college for a month. Seriously, I could and would live off of the amount of food in our fridge for a month.
6. I'm amazed at how bloodthirsty women can be over doorbuster deals. I know guys get antsy when there's technology on sale... but for real? Those women are vicious!
7. I have eaten more this week than I have eaten in a very long time.
The Agora at school really doesn't compare to my stepdad's homemade chicken noodle soup, terribly fattening but satisfying Doritos Locos tacos from Taco Bell, an incredible Thanksgiving dinner and days of leftovers, four dozen Pillsbury sugar cookies with turkeys on them, and a full course dinner at PF Chang's for my birthday. Oh, and red velvet and dark chocolate peppermint ice cream cake.
I don't think I can go back to eating just microwaveable macaroni and cheese and ill-cooked what-might-be-chicken-or-pork-or-some-sort-of-animal.



No comments:
Post a Comment