My Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Workplace Essentials

Workplace Essentials


I know I am not alone in procrastination at this time of year.

There are so many things I would like to get done and so many people I want to see, that some important tasks tend to fall by the wayside. Like a paper that I might have due tomorrow.

However, I know when to sit down and start studying and working — that time is now. So, before I head off to homework world, which is a very unhappy place, I'm leaving behind a little taste of what keeps me going during a long night of working.

I reach into a small bowl or bag of Skittles every time I finish a paragraph, read an entire page, or accomplish a small goal on my to do list. The reward system is small and simple, but it keeps me going.

I refill my Tervis once about every hour, I think I drink an entire pitcher of water during study times. It makes me so thirsty — or maybe I just like the excuse to stand up. 

I write down major ideas and take notes on sticky notes and index cards. These are my lifesavers. I like writing things down, but I hate using a whole sheet of paper for just a few things here and there. 

Whenever I'm working, I have to be eating something almost always. That's a terrible, terrible, terrible habit that I need to break — especially since I'm usually eating Pringles or some other fatty food. 

I love my Ikea lap desk when I'm doing hardcore work at home. My lap desk doesn't fit on my desk at school, but at home, it's perfect. And it keeps my wrists elevated so I don't get uncomfortable. 

Highlighters and Pilot G2 pens are my tools of choice. Always. 

I always have a hair tie. I cannot let my hair fall in my face while I'm busy.

My MacBook and my iPad keep me on task — well, usually. I usually do the assignment on my Mac, listen to music and review notes on my iPad, and keep track of my tasks on my iPhone. But really, this just gives me an excuse to get distracted. 

-----

Happy working!

Much love,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...