My Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sticky Note Addiction Goes Virtual

I love sticky notes because you can put them anywhere — on your mirror, inside books, on your computer screen or laptop keyboard, anywhere. I love them because they have multiple uses — love notes, bookmarks, page flags, reminders, grocery lists, etc. I love them because they're colorful, and you can never quite get enough, and if you want to, you can line them up in perfect rows and sticky-note your life away

So needless to say... I'm a huge fan of Stickies for Mac.

But I'll admit. I'm a convert, because when I first got my Mac, I hated those stupid Stickies. I hated blocking my perfectly good wallpaper with little yellow blocks (this was before I knew how to change the color) and I hated how cluttered they looked (before I knew how to manipulate and move them around). 


With Stickies, I made myself yet another method of maintaining what I have to do on a daily basis. So now, on top of my planner, my daily physical list, and my Any.DO list, forgetting my mental list completely, I also have this list.

But I like using this system to see how my week looks — I don't go to it often as a source of "what do I need to do next?", but "how stressed will I be on this day?"

They're also great for checklists just for things that you need to do on your computer or cute little messages to your children or significant other. But, of course, I have to show them for the practical reason

I don't know what the Microsoft equivalent of Stickies is, but I do know that Stickies should come installed on your Mac. Should being the operative word. Googling "sticky notes" brings up dozens of programs to download for PCs, so I guess you can just point and shoot!

-----

Happy sticky-noting!

Much love,

Paige 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting stuff. I found another good take on this at strat-talking http://strat-talking.com/post-its-love

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...