My Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

7 Quick Takes



1. I took my very first ECON test this morning.

It was as evil as it sounds. But at the same time, it was surprisingly easy and I was surprisingly prepared for it. Even though I didn't study nearly as much as I normally would for a test of that importance, I think I did a relatively good job. Our professor doesn't curve, but I'm hoping for a B. 

2. Bradley came to visit me this weekend! 

Which makes me oh so happy. I've had a long week — not as long as last week, by any means, but every week is so long for me — and it was a perfect Valentine's Day present to see my precious boy yesterday. 

3. ... and he took me to see Safe Haven.

It was acceptable, movie-wise. I read the book, so needless to say my expectations were high. I loved the chemistry between the characters, because it was real and obvious and adorable. And of course I loved the setting and the scenery, and I loved how the movie didn't try to turn our home town into something it isn't. But I just wish it hadn't moved so quickly in certain parts and so slowly in others. 

4. ... which made me terribly, terribly, terrible homesick.  

It is so crazy to see a small town like Southport on a movie screen. Honestly, I can't believe Sparks actually wrote Safe Haven in our town and proceeded to film it there too. Absolutely crazy. They mentioned my high school marching band, they let people that live in our town on a day-to-day basis be extras, there were little touches of home all over that movie. And if I cried at all during that movie, which I didn't, it would be because of how badly I missed home. 

5. I have the next 24 hours or so to myself.

Bradley is going to Greenville to spend time with his friends until tomorrow, so that means I have... nothing to do. Other than sleep and do homework and try to regain a little bit of my failing health and watch Crazy Stupid Love and all the other Ryan Gosling movies I can get my paws on. Thank the lord. 

6. I just reached the epitome of Facebook stalking. 


I don't want to give details. But it was bad. 

7. Nothing to say. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...