My Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes


1. Mom and Aunt Tricia are coming to get me today and spend the weekend with me. 

You don't know just how excited I am to see them — Mom for the first time in over a month, and Aunt Tricia for the first time since July! My aunt is in Afghanistan for her job, so we see her very rarely. When we do, it's always a treat. She's like a second mom to me — I get a northern momma and a southern momma. I've been counting down all week to finally see them!

2. Because I had to drop my LFIT, I now don't have classes on Tuesday!

Not only do I have a little more time to spend on my other classes and the blog, but I also have more time to do my DTH business and get that awesome thing we call sleep. Honestly, I thought I didn't get any sleep in high school — I was delusional, because college is so much worse. Pankti and I were both done with our homework by 10:30 on Wednesday night, and we didn't even know what to do — we're so used to staying up until at least 12:00 AM doing homework that we couldn't even tell our bodies to go to sleep early. I ended up reading and playing Temple Run 2 for the next hour and a half. My life. 


3. This week on "Paige's Adventures at Campus Health", we found out that I have a sinus infection!

Oh, the joy that is my day-to-day life. I'm on another antibiotic, not to mention I have stuff I have to squirt up my nose every few hours. Really my favorite thing to do. 

I actually sent this picture to Bradley:


I was almost entirely convinced by Monday that I was clearly developing the last resistant strain of the plague and I would probably be dead by the end of the week. And I was annoying as hell about it too. A little melodramatic? Perhaps so. Whatever, I couldn't breathe through my dang nose. 

4. Look at my newest desk decoration. 


I thought it would be helpful to have a constant reminder of what my monthly goals are, seeing as I can't remember to save my life. I plan to keep some of the goals up there every month until I get in the habit of achieving them monthly (like drink more water or read 2 books a month or 1,000 monthly page views) and then keep the concrete goals I haven't accomplished up there as well. Plus I had a spare ten minutes yesterday (I was surprised too) to print this out and tape it to the back of my desk. Precious. 

5. I decided I needed to send some stuff home with my mom that I haven't used or don't want anymore.

Yesterday, I was so excited all day and couldn't wait to get back to my dorm room so I could tear the room to pieces. Why do I get so excited about such weird things? I don't like my chances of survival in this world. 

6. I finished You Don't Cry Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark this week! 

(And promptly bought Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, my guilty pleasure reading for the week.) It was the first official book I finished in February (still disappointed in my inability to read books like I used to) and I have to say it was totally hilarious! Not my absolute favorite of all of the Rivenbark books I've read, but she never fails to make me laugh. And she stays so update to date on all of her references! I hate when comedic writers get behind and keep making the same old jokes — but she's so good at being culturally relevant. Love. Her. 

7. There's a new addition to the inspirational quote collection on my desk.

"The cure for anything is salt water... sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen 

Why do I love this quote so much? I don't know. It's just so meaningful to me, as someone who grew up living so close to the ocean and always having something poetic and ridiculous to say about it. It's 100% true. 

BONUS TAKE: 

8. I am homesick, and I miss Bradley, and there's fourteen days until Spring Break, and ugh. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...