My Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Linking up with Jen at the Conversion Diary for another edition of 7 Quick Takes!

1. My optimistic outlook on life has been strained, to say the absolute least, this week.

I am so terribly thankful that it's finally Friday! Monday was terrible, Tuesday was difficult, Wednesday was exhausting, Thursday was less terrible but still not great... I'm just starting to hate any day that isn't Friday or Saturday! Even Sunday is against me nowadays. It's just been hard for me to keep my chin up with a lot of crazy things happening. The drama never ends, not even in college, apparently — but it's Friday, so I'll try to be as positive as possible for the week ahead. 

2. I got a care package in the mail from my dad and Margie, and I have one on the way from my momma too.


I am spoiled, but I am so thankful for a nice little batch of candy to keep me going. Lord knows I don't need it. I can't wait to see my mom's care package too! I love opening up packages, they always seem to arrive on days when I need them most. 

3. I feel like my grades are twice as good as they were last semester.

Maybe it has something to do with how much work I've been putting in — honestly, it's been a lot more than I put in last semester — but I honestly feel like I'm so much better off this semester. Other than Econ, I'm not really concerned about any of my grades for the semester. Of course, it's only the third week, but who's counting.

4. I get to see Bradley this weekend!

You don't know just how excited I am. He's coming today after he finishes his classes, and I'm so looking forward to it. I missed that boy so much, I haven't seen him in two weeks! I know it'll be a whole lot longer between visits in the future, but the past two weeks have been a pain in the neck without him around. 

5. I have surrounded myself with inspirational quotes.

I spend a lot of time perusing the quote section on Pinterest, and I get so inspired by some of the ones I find! I love writing them on my whiteboard or on a piece of cardstock for my desk. The more, the merrier! 

Some of my favorites right now are:

"You can do anything, but you can't do everything."

"We must be willing to let go of the life we've planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

"Progress is impossible without change. Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

"Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself."

6. In my effort to achieve my reading goal for February, I've been reading Celia Rivenbark's You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl.

Rivenbark is a hilarious columnist from Wilmington, NC — close to home! — and she is just so comical. I heard her speak over Thanksgiving break after reading one or two of her books with my mom, and I love the way she tells stories and makes jokes. She's probably the funniest Southern woman I've met (that isn't unintentionally being funny, of course). And I love this book! Although, not going to lie, I'm getting a little more excited about reading Rob Lowe's autobiography and Rules of Civility

7. I'm amazed at how much of something I can get done when I'm trying to avoid doing something else.

Really, it amazes the hell out of me! I'm sure it's like this with everyone, not just me, but if I should be working on my Econ homework, I can write like five blog posts in a row — just like that. It doesn't even take me that much effort. But when I actually need to be writing a blog post... well, my Econ homework takes me thirty seconds. I amaze myself.

BONUS TAKE: 8. I have a cold.

My throat is sore and I am sniffling and I am just generally annoying myself. I haven't been around anyone who is sick. So, whoever sneezed on me or got their little germs on me, I hate you. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...