Feeling lost does not make one so.
My Note from the Universe isn't written especially for me every morning, but honestly, it's hard for me to believe. Maybe they're just like fortunes — they apply to everyone, somehow, subconsciously. And they really do apply to me, at least lately.
I don't want to say I've been feeling lost, but I've definitely been floating in a sea of homework, emails, sneezing, coughing, drama, endless toils of daily life.
Sometimes, when I've been writing papers or doing French homework or reading 100 pages about Germany's political development, I start to wonder where I am in life and what I'm doing. How much does any of this endless homework really matter, when it all boils down to it? Why do I need to write papers, why do I need to learn French, why do I need to do this or that or this or that?
Sometimes, I'm floating. I forget where I am. I forget what my purpose is. I forget, I forget, I forget. I lose my way. I lose my sense of purpose, my sense of drive, my sense of productivity. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep forever.
But then something reminds me.
Sometimes it's Bradley, or my mom, or my roommate, or my dad, or my suitemate, or one of my friends in class, or a comment on a blog post, or something...
Something they say reminds me.
I know who I am, where I am, and where I'm going. I have a goal, I have a purpose, I have rhyme to my reason and method to my madness. (And plenty of cliches to use.)
And I'm reminded that I wasn't really lost.
When you're lost, you must be found.
But maybe you've really been there all along, you just needed someone to remind you.



No comments:
Post a Comment