1. It's been a tough week.
I've been sick and miserable and just generally in a bad mood since last week, but it's gotten worse this week. If that's at all possible. I've got an infection and a cold, I sneeze every thirty seconds, I'm on antibiotics, and I just want to sleep all the time. Totally unwillingly, I've missed a lot of class, and I'm incredibly confused in my economics class, and I just want to go home and sleep the whole weekend away.
Which leads to my second take...
2. I am going home tomorrow!
After some extra effort on mine and Katie's part (thank you Miss Lisa!!!) we are going home! I get to spend two days with Bradley, thank the good lord, and Katie gets to celebrate her birthday at home. Perfect perfect perfect.
3. Totally unrelated, I had an uncharacteristic moment of nostalgia today.
For Throwback Thursday on Instagram, which I usually do not participate in because I have nothing positive to "throwback" to, I posted this picture of me giving my graduation speech and making my condescending "I'm smarter than you" face to the entire audience of parents/graduates/important people. This very face was in the paper.
Anyway. I've been missing high school and home a lot lately. I had a relatively un-pleasant high school experience, but everything was so much easier. I miss my family being in the same house as me, I miss working and having money when I needed it, I miss having a car to drive, I miss having a room to myself. I miss having real, home-cooked meals and I miss going to the grocery store when I need food and I miss Food Lion and I really just miss the beach and the island and home.
4. My grandma got the cutest puppy in the world.
I am dying. His name is Tram. He is so cute. Just look at him. He makes my heart happy.
5. This week and next week are officially "Everybody, Make a Random Deadline for a Ridiculous Assignment!" weeks.
I have written more papers and done more stupid assignments this week and have more to write this weekend than I did ever in the history of first semester. And of course this is while I am sick and generally unaware of what is happening in class because I haven't been able to go. What the heck, professors? Sit the heck down. I don't have time for this, I just want to sleep.
6. I met my new best friend this week — they are called white chocolate raspberry Hershey's Hugs.
They are heavenly. If you haven't tried them yet, you absolutely need to. They. Are. Perfect. The best snack food in the world. I ate almost an entire bag and didn't regret it in the slightest.
7. Today is Katie's birthday!
She hates birthdays and probably hates me for acknowledging it. All the more reason to do it. Love you princess.
She hates birthdays and probably hates me for acknowledging it. All the more reason to do it. Love you princess.







As much as I hated high school (did anyone actually enjoy going to South?) I have been randomly feeling nostalgic for it too.
ReplyDeleteAlso i totally feel you on the assignments... and idunno how it is there, but every semester is worse with more and more and more. gah!
And yes to the raspberry hugs. just yes.