My Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

5 for Five: Volume 6


Linking up with Jenn and Jessica (yay!) again this week for 5 for Five. The past seven days have been quite strenuous for me, if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you know exactly why! And you also know that as you're reading this, I'm either taking my last exam, packing up my parents' car, or heading home! 

You also know that there is an incredibly adorable corgi puppy waiting in Myrtle Beach for my loving kisses and hugs and snuggles. I didn't get to spend NEARLY enough time with Gatsby as I wanted... but everyone, he is an angel. And everyone loves him. 

Time to recap!

1. Log 8 hours of studying for French, 6 for Contemporary Lit, 8 for European Gov., and 12 for Intro to Economics — CHECK! and I've gotten a B in French, a B+ in Contemp., and a B+ in Euro! Just waiting on Econ today.

2. Pack everything that I won't use between next Friday and the Monday I leave — CHECK! Everything went home yesterday that could fit in Bradley's truck. 

3. Sell back all of my textbooks — CHECK! I got ripped off, but the books are off my hands. 

4. Finish Rules of Civility in my spare time — unfortunately, this one was a NO-GO. But soon!

5. Eat whatever food I have in the fridge — CHECK! A couple things didn't get eaten but the fridge has been emptied and sent on its merry way. 


So, 4 for 5! I love setting goals for myself and holding myself accountable — let's see if I can do it this summer, as well. Time to set some goals!

1. Start shopping/putting things together for my Cara Box.

I'm participating in Cara Box over at wifessionals this month for the very first time, and I am super, super, super excited. But I have to have everything shipped and ready to go by May 20th so I want to get started now! I know how long I take to get things together.

2. Figure out the deal with renter's insurance.

I need to have renter's insurance for my apartment next year, so I need to call my bank to get a quote and figure out what I'm going to do. 

3. Call for a car insurance quote.

I'm also hoping to get a car this summer, and a car requires my own insurance, which is totally new to me. I want to go ahead and figure out how much insurance and my car payment are going to cost me, so calling for a quote is definitely on my list.

4. Do not buy Gatsby anything he doesn't need.

So, this shouldn't be as difficult as it is, right? We got Gatsby yesterday and he is the most perfect dog in the world. I obviously want to spoil the crap out of him, but Bradley will kill me and there will be no more room in his apartment if we do that. So I need to hold back. (This week.)

5. Sort through all of my stuff and decide what goes to Bradley's.

This is pretty self explanatory, I suppose — we're hopefully getting settled in by the end of this week, so I want to be ready to go whenever Bradley is!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I totally messed up and missed the Cara Box sign-ups for May! /: That's what I get for reading that post on the Bloglovin' app and not paying close enough attention. :( I can't wait for June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 4/5 last week!
    Good luck this week. I spoiled the crap out of Hawkeye when I first got her. And now it will never end.
    I have renter's insurance through State Farm, it was super easy to figure out and pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you bundle your car and your renter's insurance with the same company you can get a discount sometimes. so it doesn't hurt to call around. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your getting so much done!!! Good for you girl! And good luck on your list for this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...