Linking up with Conversion Diary for another week of 7 Quick Takes!
1. As everyone knows, we brought Gatsby home.
He is a sassy little pain in my hiney. He is so spirited and has so much personality in his little body. The vet said he is very healthy and of course, the cutest thing she's ever seen. He's met well over a hundred people, and he loves them all. He also loves to bite them.
2. We also brought Paige home.
I finished my first year of college and rang in at a 3.18 GPA for the semester, 3.16 cumulative GPA for the whole year. My GPA went up since last semester, so I'm one happy camper! I pulled a C+ in ECON 101, somehow, sooooooo yeah. Happy girl.
And of course I am SO happy to be home.
3. I got the assistant (to the) city desk editor position at the DTH.
AHHHHHHHHH! I am so so so thankful that my city editor Jenny asked me to join our city desk team. My past year at the DTH was full of learning and fun experiences, and I'm so excited to participate even more in the creation of that amazing paper. I know I will always love journalism and media, so this is the perfect job for me.
4. I have 222 unread blog posts waiting for me on Bloglovin'.
I don't even have words. I almost never have any blogs to read at the end of the day, but I guess I have even LESS downtime right now than I've had for the past couple of months. Between Gatsby, reuniting with my family, and car business, this has been quite the busy, busy, busy week.
5. I went to the beach today, first real beach day this year.
Bradley and I went down to Yaupon, where most everyone in town tends to beach it, and met up with his best friend (and my new BFF) Savana, a few kids from high school, and some of our friends who were home from college. It felt great to be home! And I can feel a little bit of sunburn on my legs.
6. I GOT A CAR.
This is my sweet sweet sweet baby, a 2013 Ford Focus. I've been driving a 2001 Toyota Corolla with crank windows, manual door locks, no cruise control, etc. etc. etc. It wasn't particularly fast, it didn't accelerate at all, all of that fun stuff. The fact that this car has automatic door locks and you can lock the door with a push of a button? Well shoot I'm a happy camper. It also comes with 6 months of Sirius radio, because GUYS IT HAS A COMPUTER IN THE DASHBOARD. I can even answer phone calls IN MY CAR OH MY GOD.
7. I won a free blog design by Poppiness Designs in Jenn's giveaway!
Please go check out Jane's designs because they are awesome! I entered the giveaway like I enter all of them, not expecting to win, but goodness gracious I am so pumped that I won! So expect to see some lovely changes happening over here on the blog.






New follower here from 7QT; your blog is so cute!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you won the giveaway! Looks like you're having a fabulous week!!! Enjoy your weekend, too! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your new blog design! (:
ReplyDeleteOoo... I'm so excited to see the new design. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhen I got home from vacation, I had 822 blog posts waiting for me. I'm still wading through them - I have 410 left to go!
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing post for car lovers
ReplyDelete