My Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

7 Quick Takes


I'm linking up with Jennifer at Conversion Diary for another week of 7 Quick Takes!

1. I started my new job this week.

I think I've mentioned that I got a promotion at Food Lion, so this week I started my training. I closed the store three nights in a row — two with the help of my friend and coworker Robbie, and one kind of on my own but also with my BFF Liz's help! I am so glad to be back at work with all of my friends and my Food Lion family, even though the longer shifts are making me sleepy. 

2. Mom and I tried this amazing place called Tropical Smoothie.

It just opened in Southport by the Walmart, and it's really great! My friend Jenna works there, and she recommended the Sunny Day smoothie — super yummy. Definitely enjoyed it. Plus, there was an outdoor patio, which is a huge plus in my book. Mom and I grabbed lunch there, and little Nugget sat with us and greeted all of the customers. Like he does best. Seriously someone is going to hire him. 

3. Gatsby met pretty much everyone in the world this week.

Like I said, he sits in front of restaurants with me and greets people, and he follows people on the sidewalk when we're walking around. This dog is so friendly.

4. We explored Downtown Wilmington with Auntie Tina.


We ate lunch at Nick's Diner which was DELICIOUS and we sat outside in front of the restaurant with Gatsby. He greeted everyone and was super lovable. He also adores his Aunt Tina. 

5. JANE FINISHED MY NEW BLOG DESIGN.

Blog post raving about her coming soon!

6. I think I'm going to require that Bradley wear his work uniform daily.

He has to wear a golf shirt with dress pants every single day and I love when men dress nicely every single day. I think he has to wear this outfit constantly. Even to sleep. It's just so precious! 

7. The boyfriend and I had a spat yesterday, and I came home to flowers and skittles. 

I couldn't get a very good picture, but he picked up a bouquet of flowers and a pack of skittles and had them waiting for me on the bed when I came home from work. I had a feeling he would do something like this, because that's Bradley, but... ya know. It's never un-welcome (although I pretend like it is). He's such an angel. 

BONUS TAKE: 8. I have a weird animal.


This was after he decided hangers were the coolest chew toy around. They're even wearable. Currently he's herding his wine bottle toy and barking at it. I think it offended him. It said "squeak squeak squeak" and Gatsby just isn't having it. So. Weird. 

7 comments:

  1. Look at you! The new "do" is so cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pagina, Gatsby is adorable! We'll have to grab lunch so I can meet him when I come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Florida and Tropical Smoothie is EVERYWHERE down here. I recommend the Kiwi Quencher but try it with banana in place of the strawberry. Sometimes I add a scoop of whey powder if I get it right after I work out. It's seriously one of my favorite places ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog design! It's super great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your design!!! Isnt Jane the best?! Gatsby is seriously the cutest!!! I love his little bandanna thing...I always love putting them on my dog, makes them look so cute. And a hanger, so funny. I cant even being to list the crazy stuff my dog uses as a toy

    Following you on here and twitter :)

    happinessisntadestination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered Tropical Smoothie too! It's so good. We seriously might lose our life savings having 3 smoothies a day. haha! And Gatsby is SO cute! That hanger picture is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...