My Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

5 for Five: Volume 9


As I was climbing into bed last night, it TOTALLY hit me that I forgot to do my 5 for Five post for today! I didn't even think about it, went to Blogger and typed up a totally different post, and thought I'd done exactly what I was supposed to do.

Oops — and we all know I love to set goals for myself, so forgetting this post was a little silly of me. Even on Memorial Day (which sadly isn't much of a holiday for me, as I go into work at 3!)

So I'm linking up with Jenn and Jessica for 5 for Five!

Let's check in on last week.

1. Call the Ford dealer and figure out where my license plate is — sorta-check? My mom was actually at the dealership the other day and found out my plate wasn't in yet, so I didn't have to call. I'm still going to, though. 

2. Vacuum out my car — no-go. 

3. Finish reading all of my unread blog posts on Bloglovin' — no-go (but there's only 171 left!)

4. Only have one non-water beverage per day during the week — 3/5. For the most part, this wasn't too hard. I only want sweet tea or soda when we're out to eat, and that's usually only for breakfast!

5. Get a haircut — no-go.

So, I've got two sorta checks, but other than that, last week was a bust! You can tell it's summer, can't you? I'm hoping I'll have more luck this week, hopefully I can get that haircut and vacuum out my very disgusting vehicle. 

So for this week...

1. Vacuum the house.

I never realized it in other peoples' homes, but having a dog means our house is consistently in a state of "oh my GOD what is that on the floor?" And it could really be anything. Gatsby prefers to track in leaves and acorns and half-chewed pinecones, but there's a never-ending supply of pee and poop and sometimes vomit and food he drags all over and sand and dirt and grass. So, needless to say, the floor needs some love.

2. Get a haircut.

My hair also needs some love. I tried this last week but didn't really try. Bradley got a haircut, Paige did not. But I need to stop putting it off before my hair takes over the world.

3. Vacuum out my car. 

Refer back to what I said about the house. "Oh my GOD, Gatsby, what did you bring into my BRAND NEW CAR?" "Oh, a little bit of everything, Mom!" And he is NOT kidding. Between him and the enormous kamikaze bugs that like to catapult themselves at my windshield... my car needs some loving. 

4. Finish reading my last 170 unread posts on Bloglovin'.

I got it down from the upper 300s (I think it was at 360 last Monday) to 170 as of right this second, which I think is pretty great, so last week wasn't a total bust. But I still have 170 to go, so I need need NEED to knock those down. 

5. Make a budget.

This week, I finally get paid. After surviving without any money for about three weeks, while simultaneously not really surviving and giving Bradley puppy dog eyes every time I needed gas (that little Mustang-driving pain in the butt is probably thankful to fill up my car instead of his)... I am looking forward to money. And with that money comes a nice little budget. I'm pretty excited. 

What are your goals for the week? Are you linking up!?


2 comments:

  1. I'm working on keeping the unread posts under control this week, it's harder than it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to get a hair cut as well on my last post about my goals but I totally did not end up doing that...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...