Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary for another week of 7 Quick Takes! I'm so glad that Jen and little baby are home safe, happy and healthy! So here's my weekly spiel...
1. Monday:
Monday was a Reading Day, so no exams — thank goodness.
I woke up early and got some stuff together for studying (oh my god I woke up early!?) and then, I wandered over to the Daily Tar Heel for an interview with the wonderful, diva-like Jenny (my new City Editor! Ahhhh!) for an assistant editor position (more to come on that in the future maybe?). I found out that I scooped the New York Times with my blog about email organization, as well as finding out that Jenny and Katie, who was my other assistant editor this year, read my blog. Which totally made my day life.
2. Tuesday:
Tuesday was my French 102 exam. Frownie face. It was at noon, so I took it as quickly as possible and went home to take a nap. My nap was fitful, unfortunately, and I woke up cranky and not at all well-rested. Then, I went to the library until 10 to study for my European Government and Contemporary Literature exams. Not my brightest four hours.
And then I said goodbye to my best friend Kyle. And I cried a little bit because he sent me and Josh the sappiest text ever.
3. Wednesday:
Wednesday, I took my Contemporary Lit final at noon (ugh) and found out that my professor gave me an A- on a paper. This is a professor that does NOT give out As on the first try, so I was pretty excited! I went to Alpine Bagel afterwards and ate TWO (yes, two) parmesan bagels with cream cheese and drank a big cup of Alpine coffee and went over flashcards with Josh until it was time for my European Government final.
That final was at 4 pm in a big auditorium — love — so I studied my flash cards there for about twenty minutes and then took the final. We got to choose 5 out of 7 essay questions to write about in 2 hours. I. Rocked. It. (I think.)
Then I came home, lounged around, started to plan meals for this summer, and packed a little.
4. Thursday:
Thursday, I slept until the glorious hour of 11:30 am (NOT 9:30 like it has been the past few days) and dragged myself out of bed so I could accompany Katie to the library. I studied from about 1 to 3:30 (which is a definitely enough for me) and then grabbed bagels with Josh after.
I spent most of last night so amped up and so anxious that I had to make a list with about 50 things on it. I am still anxious today. And my list just keeps getting longer.
5. Friday:
A lot of studying and... nope just studying await me for the rest of today. But I'll be rewarded when sweet, sweet Bradley comes to pick me up and take me to retrieve my puppy this weekend.
6. The weather this week has not been stellar.
Let's go back to LDOC last Friday where the sun was shining and the air was humid and warm...
This weird drizzle shit is killing me.
7. I finished up some packing this week.
The plastic containers, not the boxes, will be heading home this Sunday. Pretty much everything else that doesn't fit in the truck (which should hopefully be everything) will be making its way back with me on Monday when I leave this dreaded hellhole!
BONUS TAKE: 8. GATSBY IS COMING HOME THIS WEEKEND.






No comments:
Post a Comment