My Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Hey everyone! Linking up with my favorite ever Grace at Camp Patton for another week of 7 Quick Takes. I decided to do my 7 Quick Takes like I did them last week — day by day style! 

1. Monday:

On Monday, I was back at Chapel Hill after a short weekend at home. I spent some of Monday in the library and most of it wishing I could bite Bradley's head off. (It was a good day to be him, clearly.) 

I came bearing two new pairs of (fake) Jacks (which are infinitely more comfortable than real ones and 5 times cheaper, let me assure you), a container of strawberries from Trader Joe's (which has been quite the ordeal, honestly), and Gatsby's very first leash (it is navy with gold anchors. Cute cute cute.) I had a brief, somewhat relaxing weekend at home, got to spend some time with my family, and got to see this princess:


(My boss's dog Pearl)




I also slept a lot on Monday. Not a good day to be me. I was not happy. 

2. Tuesday:

I had a miniature meltdown on Tuesday (big shock) when I realized that I had to watch a full-length movie in French to do an assignment when I thought I could just read the movie summary and be done with it. This was hardly a thing, but I cried and cried on the phone with Bradley and decided I was never going to finish all of my work and still get to sleep that night... but I did. Easily. Sometimes, I swear.

And thankfully, Josh was there to save me and watch the most annoying French movie ever with me. 

3. Wednesday:

I got a package from Amazon in the mail! Highlight of my week, let me assure you. I ordered a new Contigo Autoseal water bottle from Amazon, along with some new iPhone screen protectors and...



Gatsby's very first puppy toy! Ohhhhh I am a happy camper. 

Also, Bradley went shopping for Gatsby on Wednesday, and he picked up his food bowls, his first collar, and a little stuffed hedgehog toy. Spoiled baby Gatsby.

Also, I had more energy than I've ever had in my life or than any person should ever have in one tiny little body last night. I bugged Josh with a nice showing of Pitch Perfect because he was a grumpy gills and needed a good dose of aca-awesome.

4. Thursday:

Thursday was about 1,000 degrees outside, somehow, and I was pretty much dying from the heat — but I wouldn't have it any other way. I would like to say Thursday was a terribly interesting day, but I turned in a paper, went to a recitation, and did some DTH work but didn't go to the office. Nothing worth commenting on for more than a brief second. 

I watched Hunger Games with Kyle and Josh after a fitful attempt to take a nap that lasted for an hour but didn't work and I'm going to be kind and not mention why.

Oh! I made Gatsby's first veterinarian appointment yesterday — which was a definite score.  I felt like quite the proud mommy when the lady at the desk told me my dog had an adorable name. Yes, so adorable that I've already seen about 5 internet dogs also named Gatsby. Screw all of you.

5. Friday:

I was teased by the idea of Bradley coming to Chapel Hill today, but he's technically not coming until tomorrow, so Friday is a day where I hate the world. 

I'm planning on packing up anything I can part with today, which will probably include most of my decorations and some of the 20 pounds of office supplies in my desk drawers. (My life.)

If I don't do this, and don't decide to work on one of the three papers I have due for Monday, well... I will probably sleep a lot. And hate everything. You know. The usual.

6. Only 7 more days until the last day of classes.

PRAISE.

I am so ready to be done with classes. Exam week goes by terribly slowly, but LDOC week goes by even slower. It's killing me to know that May is only two weeks away and that means Gatsby is just as close!

7. New pictures of Gatsby!  


Who's the cutest puppy in da world? Bradley talked to the breeder, Tammy, on Wednesday to make sure everything was set in stone, and she told him that Gatsby is just pathetic and loves to be held and spoiled. He loves attention, so there's no better home for him than one with me. I can't wait to bring him home!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...