My Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes


Hi guys! It's Friday again, so I'm linking up with Conversion Diary for another weekly installment of 7 Quick Takes.

1. Monday:

Monday, I went to Bunz with Jake, Kyle, & Josh for Jake's birthday. If there's a place that gives you way too much food, it is Bunz. The burger was probably the size of my face and they gave me a huge pile of fries. Totally unnecessary people. Totally. Unnecessary. I also spent pretty much all of my day studying in Josh's room. 

2. Tuesday:

Tuesday was just not my day for some reason. I did go to the Daily Tar Heel and read over my article (Tuesday is my main DTH workday), but after I came home and went to dinner, all I wanted to do was climb in bed.


I did get my DTH t-shirt, my quarter-zip sweatshirt, and my City Desk t-shirt. So I'm a happy camper, DTH wardrobe wise. 

3. Wednesday:

Wednesday was an awesomely awesome day. I basically worked my schedule out so that it was a pretty day, and then, I had a wonderful opportunity to go to the Daily Tar Heel and shadow my assistant editors for the day. 


Abby (my neurotic, morbidly obese, and very annoying cat that lives with my parents right now and is unable to clean up after herself, stop eating every single scrap of food she can get her paws on, or monitor her weight) sent me her support.

4. Thursday:

Today I went to my very last recitation of the spring semester (YESSS!!) and wrote my very last Daily Tar Heel story for the spring semester (tears). It was really crazy to sit and edit my last story, especially since it wasn't a particularly interesting one, and it didn't hit me until I was getting ready to leave that it was my last Thursday in the office until the fall. Insanity. I'm getting so old. 

5. Friday:

LDOC! Today is my last day of classes. 

And because this incredible weather and other wonderful things, today is a wonderful day. Time to celebrate.

6. I've been trying to come to terms with this friends thing — it's been a struggle.

I think my problem started around the same time that I remembered that I don't like pretending like I like someone when they really annoy the crap out of me and would rather spend 95-100% of my time either alone, with Bradley, with Kyle, Jake, and Josh, or at the DTH office. People in college are so obsessed with making 10,000 friends and making sure everyone likes them (which you really wouldn't think is the case) and I honestly enjoy the friends that I have, regardless of how many there might be. Get ready to see a blog post about friendship here soon. Quality versus quantity?

7. We were supposed to get Gatsby pictures last night.

But there are no new Gatsby pictures to be had, which almost always brightens my week. Which is really disappointing. However it's worth noting that yesterday was Gatsby's two month birthday!

So here's a picture (that isn't new but hasn't been put on the blog I don't think) just for the hell of it. 


Look at that little diva. He just can't wait to be a blog star.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Two months! Aww, what a baby, that is a cute photo. I also really love your chunky kitty's face in that picture, hilarious.
    Happy last day of classes!
    And yes, I totally agree - quality over quantity. I think it's been said that you can't maintain a really close relationship with more than a certain number of people at a time anyway. Less than 20, including family. So why waste time on random people you don't really like that much?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...