Remember how I blogged a few weeks back about organizing emails?
I am back to talk about it again.
My inbox is my happy place. It is the most organized, calm, beautiful inbox in the world. I never keep anything in my inbox longer than a day, everything is labeled, and I never leave spam in my spam folder. I can thank my mom for my obsessive-compulsive ways of dealing with my Gmail inbox. I've never seen an email sit in her inbox for more than a day, and she uses more folders than anyone I've ever seen. She puts me to shame.
If you have ever seen another inbox that looks nicer than mine or my mom's... I want names. Names, people.
If you're one of those people with 6,000 emails in your inbox... try my system.
Actually deal with mail when it comes in, or when you check it every day. (If you're like most humans, you check your email regularly, but if you're one of those weirdos that never seems to check it even when it's on your iPhone... I have no words for you.)
Put things where you'll look for them. Throw out things you don't need or want. I know Gmail has a search option, but it would be a lot easier if you didn't have to use it every thirty seconds.




I currently have 12 emails in my Inbox, it was at 36 earlier. Do you have a separate email address for sale sites, etc? I typically wake up to 12+ emails from all the places I shop at frequently- Old Navy, Gap, Juicy Couture and sites like Zulily and One King's Lane. Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed by the little icon on my phone I just delete them all without looking...
ReplyDeleteI keep telling myself I need to leave those emails alone for a week and weed through my subscriptions.
I have one email address for school/personal/work, one for my blog, and one official school email. I use Gmail so I forward all of the emails to my school/personal/work email, and that works well for me.
DeleteI'm pretty sure there's also an option on Gmail, although I haven't used it and it may not actually exist, where you can send all emails from a particular sender to a folder the minute you receive them. Perhaps you could do that, with a folder labeled "Read me!" or something. It would take a minute or five to make sure every sender was sent to that folder, but that's not for sure.
Let me know if you need a hand!