Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes today!
1. SPRING BREAK STARTS TODAY.
At 12:50, I will be walking home from my English Lit class, packing up Katie's jeep, and getting the heck out of here. A whole nine days of sleeping and not going to class and making money and not hating everyone I see and not having a roommate and not being perpetually cranky and not constantly needing a nap and seeing Bradley more than just once every two weeks and having a bigger bed and having a washer that I don't have to pay for and having food that doesn't come from a buffet and not having to walk everywhere.
Spring semester is hell.
2. I have had it up to my ears with people.
Really, almost everyone I'm around on a daily basis makes me want to rip my hair out right around this time in the semester, when it's leading up to Spring Break and I'm waiting impatiently to break the hell out of Chapel Hill and go home. There's not a soul in a thirty mile radius who could manage to not annoy me this week.
I'm also amazed by the amount of stuff I can do for someone, just to have them blatantly disregard me in the end. Really people? Don't be stupid.
3. I have had it up to my ears with college.
Or perhaps just up to my ears with college classes that take attendance. That's quite possible.
Regardless, I wish I could sleep more and see Bradley more and read less and work less and walk to class less. I just need this semester to be over — but I know we'll hit the ground running the week we get back, and I don't know if I can handle that.
4. I have had it up to my ears with everything.
It's been a rough week to be Paige. I was back at campus health this week with the same infection that I had two weeks ago — seriously, I want to jump off a bridge — and I've spent the whole week counting down to finally leaving and dear god someone just take me home and let me sleep for 48 hours straight.
5. I've been on a major puppy shtick.
Bradley really doesn't try to get me started but somehow always manages to get me started on really, really, really, really wanting a puppy. And I know that all girls my age probably want a puppy, and that's something that's universal, and I'm not special. But I will really obsess over getting a puppy, find a breeder, and pick out the exact puppy I want before I convince myself that I should probably be writing my essay or studying.
Probably.
6. I start back at work this upcoming week.
DEAR GOD I MISS FOOD LION. I have missed my job so much! I really am just dying to work and be around my friends and co-workers. There's something so peaceful about working at Food Lion. And I desperately miss Canyon and Liz!
7. I really need a break.
If that wasn't apparent.




Hi Paige! Stopping by via Conversion Diary. I gotta say, I love your blog's title. When I worked at a doctor's office, we had a patient who was a tad bit overly obsessed with these sticky notes, to the extent that she always insisted on writing her next appointment down on a sticky note, not the handy dandy appointment cards that we special order for people like her (i.e. patients).
ReplyDeleteI also hear you on the academic count. My Spring break starts today as well and I'm right there with you on desperately needing it. I look forward to reading more about your college adventures when we return!
Feel free to visit my blog: www.theselittleblessings.blogspot.com. Would love to visit with you over there too!
Thank you so much!
Delete