My Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

happy spring!

Today, March 20th, is the official first day of spring! 

I can't believe I didn't remember that and schedule a spring-specific post for today, so I'm gifting everyone with two posts in one day. 

But to honor this most glorious first day of spring (where the temperatures are a toasty 40 degrees here in Chapel Hill) I thought it might be a great idea to compile a list of reasons why spring is perfect. 


Warmer Weather

So, the temperatures are finally rising from oh-my-god-why-is-it-so-cold to wow-you'd-think-the-sun-could-make-it-a-little-warmer. And I'm more than happy to welcome the change with open arms. Any day I can wear less layers and still feel my nose after a two minute jaunt outdoors is a good day. 

Break Out the Shorts

Need I say more? I am dying from the anticipation to finally wear shorts again, even though my legs are ghostly pale. I'm particularly drooling over these, these, these, these, and these. Please oh please oh please come to me, sweet little seersucker shorts.    

Easter Candy

Cadbury eggs. Bubble gum eggs. Reeses Easter bunnies. Jelly beans. Peanut butter eggs. Sarris's chocolate bunnies. I cannot wait to tear into my Easter basket. 

School's Almost Over

There are only 37 days until LDOC, and I'll be home in 51! Spring is just a sign that school is getting ready to end, and I love the little reminder. 

Bright Colors

There's something about pastels and bright colors that just scream spring. You can't get away with half of the outfit choices in any other season as you can in spring. 

Flowers Everywhere

Flowers on the ground, on clothing, on accessories, on everything. I love floral print. It screams spring and happy and bright, and after the winter I've had here in Chapel Hill, I need something a little bright. Whether it's on my clothes, on my phone, or in the grass. 

No More Coats

I love coats more than anyone I know, and I'm always so excited to bring them out of my closet. But honestly, when I can finally get them out of my room and into the back of my closet, I'm always so grateful. They're only cute for so long. 

It's Almost Summer

I am anticipating summer in a way I never really have before. In the past I've just been looking forward to the end of school, to graduation, to something that meant I wasn't going to school anymore. But these days I am dying, dying, dying for summer. And spring means it's only a little way's away. 

Pack Up Sweaters

Like with coats, I absolutely adore sweaters and can't wait to unpack them every year. But after a few months, my closet gets tired and I get tired of them. I'm never sorry to see them go after five or six months of nothing but knits. 

Wait, Is That the Sun?

Today I walked outside and the sun was shining. I don't know, was I transported overnight to a town where the sun comes out on the reg and rain doesn't ruin my day pretty much every day? It didn't even rain on Tuesday this week. 

Needless to say... I'm optimistic. 

Happy spring!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...