1. Photoshop Elements 11
At the top of the list is this lovely Adobe product that I use to make all of my graphics and all of my precious Lilly wallpapers. It is very user friendly and for someone who doesn't need the entire Photoshop Creative Suite, it's very friendly to my wallet too. I've used Elements for blog graphics, wallpaper for my phone and computer, business cards, and my resume. Definitely one of the best software purchases one could make in the blogosphere, I think.
2. Spotify
I love music. Absolutely adore it. And while I try to buy iTunes music whenever I can, I am not made of money. So, Spotify is the perfect alternative! I can listen to music for hours on end without ever turning it off — and I quite regularly do — and I love that Spotify is like Pandora but more catered to my tastes. And I love that almost every single song in the world is at my fingertips.
3. iMessage (for Mac)
When I learned that I could sync iMessage on my Mac to my iMessage on my phone... well... we encountered a problem, ladies and gents... I loved it way too much! I love having it on my computer, because I can text in class, in the library, in the office, anywhere and only need one piece of technology. I hate juggling my phone and my computer, and having it on my Mac means I'm not getting totally distracted by the apps and other crap on my phone. I just get distracted by the internet.
4. Self Control
Speaking of getting distracted, Self Control is definitely one of my best downloading decisions. I love that I can use it to focus during lectures or time spent in the library, and it keeps me off Blogger (my one true love) and Pinterest for however long I need it to. It's a very user-friendly program as well, probably one of the simplest but most helpful programs I can think of.
5. Google Drive
I started using Google Drive about three days ago. Immediately, I am in love. Of course, I automatically love programs that let me sync everything between my iPad, iPhone, Mac, and the interwebs — and this one delivers oh so perfectly. I usually like to make lists and things in one my notebooks, but I tend to forget where I write things in my notebook (it is not my most organized place) and forget the list existed, so I make a second, and a third, and a fourth, and eventually my notebook explodes and I cry. So, Google Drive is PERFECT for me to make lists, work on my side projects, work on posts, blah blah blah. Everything. It is everything.
6. Bitly
I recently discovered Bitly as well. (Literally two days ago.) It is a great little device that shortens your links into shorter bit.ly links that are much more nice-looking. Okay, maybe I am the only person in the world who thinks this was a great discovery on my part, but bit.ly links look so much nicer on Twitter than regular links do!
7. Microsoft Word
An old favorite, to say the least. Even though I really love Google Drive and a dozen other programs, nothing will ever replace Microsoft Word in my heart. I know this program like the back of my hand — if it can be done on Word, I know how to do it. When I started to discuss getting a Mac, my first demand was that if I had a Mac instead of a PC, I still be able to have Microsoft Word on it. (I was dumb enough to think there wasn't a Mac version at that time. I've since gained some intelligence and knowledge of how the world works, don't worry.)
8. Notes (for Mac)
This is the simplest little thing that comes on a Mac... but for that reason, I love using it. I do a lot of phone interviews for my job at the DTH and have to take notes, obviously. My preferred way to do that is with my Mac, but I don't like using Microsoft Word or any other document program because they're too complicated and I get too into formatting. Notes is simple and down-to-earth enough for basic note-taking and jotting ideas and important quotes down.
9. Study Blue
I call this a program only because they have a Mac and iPhone app — but it's great! I love making flash cards, but I just don't like paying for the paper version and knowing they will end up getting thrown out in a few months. Study Blue is the best solution I've found to this problem — online flash cards! What could be better? It's super easy, and it also tracks your progress when you study. Nothing. Could. Be. Better.
10. Facetime
Okay let's here it. "Skype is so much better!" Well, yeah. You're about 110% right on that front, and I'm not going to tell you that you aren't. But Bradley doesn't have a working computer right now and the only way I can see his cute little face is if we Facetime. Not to mention I can Facetime him from my phone, computer, and iPad. He's not that lucky — he has to use his phone.




No comments:
Post a Comment