My Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

refresh.

reload. refresh. refocus.

Nine days of sleeping in late and staying up without any guilt or concern. Nine days of seeing Bradley every day. Nine days of relaxing in my own home. Nine days of driving around my own hometown. Nine days of sunny skies and warm, salty air.

It was, to say the very least, exactly what the doctor ordered.

I'm not ready to sit through another 30 school days of work and studying and homework and lectures and discussions and papers and tests. I'm not ready for the four exams I have to take. I'm not ready for two weeks between every time I can see Bradley. I'm not ready for the 52 days I have to stay here before I'm home for the summer. 

Just this week alone, I have three papers, a quiz, a pronunciation assignment, and four online assignments coming up. Not even mentioning my two days at the Daily Tar Heel and all of the studying I need to do for next week's ECON 101 test. 

But I know I can make it. I know I can get up to go to class — Bradley says — and turn in my assignments and keep everything together. I know I can be more dedicated than I have been the last few weeks and try to harness some of that old energy I used to finish everything on my list. 

My Goals for the Rest of the Semester

1. Go to class.

I'm not going to be unrealistic. I'm not going to go to every single class every single day. I'm probably never going to have a perfect week. But I need to give myself a reason. And that reason needs to be better than "I'm too tired."

2. Stay ahead of my reading.

Broken record, is that you?

3. No Netflix or Facetime or phone calls unless all priorities on my checklist are done.

I constantly tell myself that it's okay if I take a break and watch some Netflix or call Bradley, even when there's a few things I have left to do. I tell myself that I'll go finish my work before I go to sleep. No, it is not okay, I need to finish my work before I do these things because Netflix and phone calls with Bradley always make me tired. I never get out of bed again. 

Wish me luck, everyone. One can only do so much. 

But the finish line is so close — I can see it. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...